Monday, May 24, 2010

The NBA still sucks

I have watched, maybe, three hours of NBA basketball this year but it is a large enough sample to remind me that I hate the NBA.


A couple of examples:

  • Who carries the ball more than Rajon Rondo?  I know the guy is quick.  Moves like he is on roller skates.    But it is a lot easier to go around people when they are not sure if you just stopped your dribble.  Seriously.  Just call it.  Doc Rivers will (probably) not shoot at you.
  • Okay, except maybe Steve Nash.  I mean, damn.  Just call the carry every now and then.
  • Fouls are totally subjective.  You would get solitary confinement for some of the things I see go uncalled.  Then someone sneezes and it is a double technical.  Try to hide the crappiness.  Maybe you should just go with totally random.  Make it fun for us.
  • Coaches whine constantly.  I don't care if you think your getting jobbed.  It happens every day.  You need to get a sense of humor.
Bad shooting, wrestling substituted in place of defense, bad officiating.

I know.  "Back in my day..." whips me, too.  I am not saying it was better in my day but it was different.  I don't like the new world.  Change sucks.

No comments: