Monday, March 15, 2010

I think Spring is finally here

What a surprisingly nasty little winter we had in Austin this year.  I can't believe how often the Almanac gets it right.  Cold and wetter than normal.  Who would have thought.  I must say, though, it was nice to finally have a good, cold winter.  Now on to spring.


I am officially back on the exercise wagon.  I know walking is not necessarily pushing the limits of extreme exercise but it makes me feel better to be outside doing something.  Fitting the 45mins to an hour everyday can be difficult as busy as we are with all the kids' activities.  But I will do what I can.


I am also trying to get better about blogging on a consistent basis.  I am not sure what subjects will be but I hope to figure it out by writing more.


New Chapter
We have decided to take on a new challenge.  Jennifer is running for school board.  For those who know us, this should not be a surprise.  Nothing is more important to us than the education and activities that involve our kids.  It only makes sense to do everything we can to push for a better school district for your kids.


I know it sounds polyanna and I know 'one person can't change anything' but I also know Jennifer can accomplish anything she makes a priority.  We live in a great district and all the statistics point to our district being better than most in many ways.  I believe our district can do more with the financial resources we have.  We live in an area where businesses and municipalities are willing to partner and creative solutions are always available.


Jen's race is a contested race, unlike most school board elections in RRISD.  We will work hard and see if we can get some votes in May.  If you want to know more about it go here.

No comments: