Sunday, May 2, 2010

Well-deserved Rest...sort of

We took a day off from campaign work today to catch up on some family things and it could not have been a better day.  Trying to squeeze a complete campaign into just a few weeks (thanks Run-Off Election), we have really been booked pretty full but we needed a day to keep the important things on track so, as we usually do, we crammed everything possible into our day.  Usually, when we do this, it ends poorly to say the least.  But not today...

Layne's House
After doing a few things around the house we headed out to spend some time with all Rob's dad and look at some of his memorabilia from World War II.  He had lots of great pictures and articles from his time in the European Theater and the things he did immediately after the war.  Sherwin is a treasure and has lived a life to be envied.  He fought in a war, played (albeit, briefly) in the NFL, succeeded in business, raised a great family, and is a joy to visit with.  I hope I hold up that well.

Skye's Birthday
We followed that up by heading over to my youngest niece's birthday.  The whole family there and fun for everybody.  I am amazed at what wonderful young lady Skye has become.  Seeing her run around with her friends and be a 'big girl' makes me proud.  I know all our kids are good kids but Skye has grown up so much in the last year it is hard to believe.  I hope she loved the cake Aunt Jenji made her.  The bite I stole while she was playing was great.  Then Jen and her mom went to visit Grandma in the hospital while the kids and I took...

A Walk in the Park
First we filled up the car and washed it to try to make Jen's super busy week a little easier.  Then we went to Central Park.  No, this one, not that one.  There are few things better than a beautiful spring day in Austin walking around the park with the kids.  When you add to that a band playing @ Central Market that allowed me to hear a performance of 'Rhapsody in Blue' during our walk, you have a truly spectacular end to my day 'off'. 

I hope everyone is having some spring days like these because when summer gets here, we will need those memories to get us through.  Everybody have a good week and GO VOTE.







No comments: